Last weekend UFC went to Dublin for the 3rd time in its history.
When news got around that Joe Duffy was out due to a concussion he suffered in training, fans began to worry that it would be a disappointing night.
However, it proved very entertaining with a number of highs and lows.
Here's a quick round up of the fights that took place:
Louis Smoka and Niel Seery won by submission. Tom Breese from Birmingham took a victory by TKO (he has won all of his professional MMA bouts), and two Irish fighters, Norman Parke and Aisling Daly, shone through to claim victories.
Braveheart (Steve Ray) the Scot out gunned Mickael LeBout for the first round with his long range: Mickeal Le Bout then changed tact to fight an inside game only for Braveheart to outsmart and muscle him out, ultimately leading to a win by unanimous decision.
See below for a full list of results:
Main Card (UFC Fight Pass)
- Louis Smoka won with a rear-naked choke v.s. Patrick Holohan
- Norman Parke won by unanimous decision v.s. Reza Madadi
- Nicolas Dalby draw v.s. Darren Till
- Neil Seery won with a guillotine ghoke v.s. Jon Delos Reyes
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
- Stevie Ray won by unanimous decision v.s. Mickael LeBout
- Krzysztof Jotko won by split decision v.s. Scott Askham
- Aisling Daly won by unanimous decision v.s. Ericka Almeida
- Tom Breese won by TKO v.s. Cathal Pendred
- Darren Elkins won by unanimous decision v.s. Rob Whiteford
- Gareth McLellan won by TKO v.s Bubba Bush